Friday, July 8, 2022

Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door...

"Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door," a famous saying by someone and gave me pause while I battled a mouse earlier this week. More on the mouse capture in a bit but for all the fancy technology out there, the mouse trap has not changed much and still works as efficiently as ever. 
So my mouse battle (hopefully singular) started about a week ago when my desk clock fell in the middle of the night. I haven't lost my mind yet so ruled out ghosts. The next night I heard a rattle near the garbage can in the bedroom. On go the lights and on the rim of the can stood the critter. Behind the dresser he went. My last need for a mouse trap was two houses ago and still had a couple traps in my junk drawer. No cheese available so went with bits of pizza. Back to sleep I went, woke the next morning and the pizza was gone in both traps, both didn't snap. I didn't push the food against the 'plate' enough so went with gummy bears the following night. Bingo!!! Sorry, no paparazzi photos to share on here. I haven't heard or seen any repeat performances in my bedroom since so believe Mr. Mouse was riding solo.
With the mouse gone, off to the ant hill battles on my front lawn...
Trail Head