Sunday, July 31, 2022

vacation from vacation

The tour headed on vacation this past week to....Benzie County, I didn't go anywhere as the area has everything I need versus having to go the plane/train/automobile route somewhere else. And my house still has 600 things left on the list to fix/update/add.
Tuesday was fishing day at Lower Herring Lake, not to be confused with Upper Herring Lake across the road. I doubled my normal output as a 16 and 14 incher made it into the boat so a good morning.
Wednesday the tour headed about 30 miles north to the east side of Glen Arbor to pedal Palmer Woods Forest Reserve. A new one for me (new trail altogether) and it did not disappoint. The developers did a great job balancing the climbs/descents. Some fun descents. At the bottom of this post is a short clip from there.
Back to my work vacation tomorrow.
Trail Head