Monday, August 27, 2007

Dear Mr. Fantasy...

Well, I have finally done it. After years of heckling and advising them to get a life, I have joined the world of the fantasy football geeks. Jim M. and I are co-owners of a team. We need a team name so if anybody out there has any ideas, throw them at me. The draft was this past weekend at Roger's house. Well, I wouldn't really call it a draft. The league is set up in a way where nobody loses any of their players from the previous year unless they give them up. With that, all of the good players were gone when Jim and I had our pick. No whining from us though. We'll make do with our aging, injury-prone team. A handful of team owners were not in attendance and calling in their picks so the draft process was ugly (and eventually loud) to say the least. Attached is a picture from the draft party. Beer and Kentucky Fried Chicken. It doesn't get any better than that, eh? I must say my sides hurt laughing when the topic somehow came to "The Fox and the Hound" cartoon movie and Roger and Champ were doing their voice impersonations of the characters, "Hey Copper!" I guess you had to be there but it was pretty funny.

That is about all from the fantasy football world. Don't worry, I won't be using this medium to detail my game results and who I'm going to play each week because I honestly don't think anybody really cares except the person who owns the team.

Lastly, hard to believe it but college football starts this upcoming weekend. I'm hoping for a surprise from the Spartans (aren't we every year?) and even the Motor City Bowl would be an accomplishment. We'll see.

Trail Head