Friday, August 3, 2007

Hot Evening in Highland

It was a sweltering evening at Highland Recreation Area last night for the ride. Trig was in attendance and had never rode Highland so he was in for a treat (or a nightmare). I had intentions of doing the ‘A’ and ‘D’ loops, however, in the first mile, the bolt that holds my seat decided to break. Loop 'D' was not going to happen. Things happen for a reason I think. I rode the rest of ‘A’ while standing up on the bike and I must say I was whipped and quite soaked in sweat once I got back to the parking lot. I can’t speak for Trig but he also had some nice dampness to his shirt.

Eric and Jim met up with us after the ride. Eric’s bike surprisingly was in the shop. I have written about it before but that bike mysteriously breaks down every time Highland comes up on the schedule. Hmmm. Anyway, Jim showed off his new wave board (pictured). It’s a pretty cool setup but I don’t think anybody with a waist larger than 34 inches will be able to get into the seat.

That is all for now. I’m out of town next week on a motorcycle trip with four other fellas down to the southern Missouri/northern Arkansas areas. It should be enjoyable. I hope to have some stories to share (none from the hospital I hope) when I return.

Think good thoughts.

Trail Head