Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bye Bye September

I blinked and September is done. The last mountain bike ride for the month, and the second to last “official” ride for the biking tour was out at Pontiac Lake last Thursday. It was just about a year ago to the day that I had my nasty fall on these trails. I still ride like a sissy boy at the area where I bit it. The many rocks again were in attendance, as was a rider who we hadn’t seen on the trails much this year, Gus. It’s just liking riding a bike, eh E? A nice night it was with a bit of color change out there in the woods.
Saturday was my sister’s going away party for the Robar two year hiatus to Brazil down in “The D.” There is the saying that “there’s no party like a Detroit party” and my sister made sure of that. This was the first time Jennifer got to meet my family and her first impression of my sister was one she will probably remember. My sister was pushing these Brazilian drinks that were rum, lime, and more rum. I had one myself and I could have blown fire if I wanted too. We only stayed a bit but from how often I saw my sister showing everyone how good these drinks were, I’ll bet her head is still throbbing today. There were probably about 100 or so in attendance and a great gathering it was. For all the bad press the city gets, there are some great people down there.

From the party Jennifer and I went to the Young American Comedy Tour at the City Theatre in Detroit. We had front row seats which is kind of a scary thing with the comics that were in the show and the small size of the venue. A married couple next to us was called out and the comic was asking the guy if his wife had ever caught him doing the deed…..alone. The comic claimed that every married guy had to have been caught at least once and went off on a bit on that and other relationship humor. It seemed every comic had some angle on dating or marriage and it was only a matter of time before our number was called but they picked on every couple in the front row but us (thank god). A good show it was.

Hello October.

Trail Head