Monday, January 19, 2009

Dunham Lake - Super Bowl Primer

First of all, my apologies for not posting anything recently; I’ve been too busy shoveling. As I hate the normal office chatter about people’s drive in or what the forecast is, “oh, I-75 was just horrible!” or “did you hear that we are getting more tomorrow?”, I didn’t enjoy having to do double time this week. We hear the forecast just as you do and I could care less how your drive was. Anyway, I’m glad I got that off my chest.
Mother Nature’s sassiness with all of this cold ass weather along with the Saturday ritual of throwing more snow on us was not going to stop our ice fishing efforts yesterday on Dunham Lake. Not a bad turnout, all things considered. The fish production was minimal although Lee “the pike slayer” got some decent results out of his tip up. The small picture below is a 37 (39?) inch he got the previous week out there. The shanty of the day goes to Greg with Eric as the host. They had the Aqua-Vu (fish finder), the beverages, some pizza, and of course, the cheese ball. Good cheese ball. It should be quite exciting in two weeks when we kick it up a notch for the Super Bowl morning ice fishing celebration. A festive time it should be.
Trail Head