Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day! In tribute of the day, I took the man who put the RRRR in Reeves to the Tiger game today. Kudos to dad for:
  • putting three kids through college
  • throwing the tightest spirals with the football I have ever seen
  • creating the "dope" slap (as in, "you dope!") and also doing some damage with the ping pong paddle as well - ouch
  • bringing Corvettes to our house for the night in my youth when I had no idea he was the repo man ("is that our car dad?" - "it is tonight son")
  • leading poker night at the Reeves' household - no money gained or lost but a good time had by all
  • throwing rakes or whatever lawn tool was available at Steve Kenfield urging him to slow down on his motorcycle
  • calling me at the DeOrio party when I was supposed to be sleeping over at Jim's - "Tim, your dad's on the phone" (busted!)
  • urging me to eat things even though there was no way in hell I was going to eat them - "good liver Tim, goooood liver"
  • throwing other people's golf balls in the water - no, it was not intentional but quite funny when he thought he could clear the pond
  • being the greatest AAA salesman that ever lived with a John Reeves' AAA pen or sleeve of AAA golf balls always available - if there is a heaven, you bet your ass that God is going to get a AAA pen

Happy Father's Day!

Trail Head