Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holla, Holla, Holla-days

Another jolly holiday season it was. I went from cross country skiing in a foot of snow during the Christmas weekend to jogging in shorts and a t-shirt the following. Wacky.
Manistee and Bear Lake was the location for Christmas as I got to hang with the Nielsen family. While they might not be the tallest in terms of physical stature (banged my head more than once on the low ceiling fixtures), the Nielsen's hover above others in terms of togetherness. Love that game time. I dominated in Apples to Apples but got my rear kicked in Kings Corners and Rummy. Nothing beats trash talking your elders in the holiday season after a victory (you, you, you, you, you!!!!!).
Nancy and I got in some cross country skiing at the Big M within the Manistee National Forest. I bit it three times with one being a serious lung grabber. The trails were in great condition and we had the place to ourselves so even with the lack of oxygen after my fall, all was good.
New Year's Eve was a great time at the Gus household. You've heard of the Real Housewives of Orange County and Real Housewives of New Jersey on television; we had the Real Housewives of Oakland County Friday night. The energy these ladies possess is second to none. They all made for a very happy New Year's Eve celebration.
 The finale to the season was the official unveiling of Al's man cave yesterday for poker, pool, and watching the Big Ten get their asses kicked in the bowl games. Kudos to Gus and Lee for the work they did on the basement. Very impressive, as were the chicken wings that Al prepared. Greg was the big winner in the final, grandaddy Hold 'Em game as Rick came close but had to settle for the second place prize money. My apologies to Jim for the shove out the door wall. For some reason, I was thinking (maybe not thinking) you would slide right out there. I'll grant you one slug at my melon as needed.
Happy New Year
Trail Head





Redskin gear didn't bring me luck in cards

winner, winner, chicken dinner