Thursday, June 28, 2012

Island Lake - new riding shoes and roller derby stories

Tonight I unveiled the newest trend in mountain bike attire, the sandal shoe. No, I actually forgot my socks and with the 100+ temperatures, I didn't want to slime through some running shoes barefoot. I give the sandals a thumbs up though. And no socks to clean!
But the ride didn't end there! That is what I like about riding; there always seems to be something that has no reason to be part of mountain biking but yet it's there. Tonight, we met Detroit Derby Girl "Mexi-Go" who was hitting the trails tonight with a friend of hers, a former Derby Girl. My apologies as I can't remember "Mexi-Go's" real name but the whole roller derby scene sounds like something I'd like to check out in the near future. She gave me the program that is pictured below. I would have to say the toughest roller derby name in the program was "Wham!tramck." I'm not making this stuff up. I'll show you the program. I dig that team name though.
Keep on keeping Mexi-Go!!
Trail Head