Sunday, May 19, 2013

No-Mo Tourney - No Contest

My third attempt for glory in the No-Mo (no motor) fishing tournament has me needing to reassess my approach if I want to continue the effort. The tournament is open to all public access lakes in Michigan and most of the contestants head to the bass mecca of Michigan, Lake St. Clair. Rather than running with the masses and having a chance at first prize (kayak), yours truly goes the stubborn route and tries to fish elsewhere. My lake of choice today was Lakeville. A beautiful lake it is and while I did catch a few nice bass, it's like a junior varsity-varsity scrimmage when trying to compete against the anglers on St. Clair. Case in point is the picture below of the what Doke pulled there  yesterday with Jim. Those are two hogs there.
A shout out to Doke and Laura for making it out to Lakeville this morning. Both had some fine production. Nice bass haul Laura!
Trail Head 

stretch!!!!

Lake St. Clair production

Lakeville

Lakeville