Sunday, May 20, 2018

Two Pictures, Two Fish Stories

Every picture tells a story they say and these two pretty much say it all. 
To the left we have my quota for today's NoMo charity kayak fishing tournament. After jumping from Long Lake over to Pontiac Lake earlier in the morning (any public lake is eligible), I got the noted 16 incher around 9 AM on a green pumpkin tube setup. Thoughts of prize money rolled through my head. A thank you text went out to Al and Doke who gave me some pointers on using said tube lure. The NoMo would be mine with my new "secret" lure (that everyone has probably known about and been using since I've existed on this planet). But it was mine today! Or so I thought as the 9 AM action was it for legal fish in the session as the north winds kicked it up a notch.
This leads us to the picture on the right. While I was slapping myself on the back on Pontiac Lake, sending my thank you text out and thinking about my victory speech, Al and Doke were doing the motorized fishing experience on Lake St. Clair; probably going for the net again as my text came through as both limited out on walleye. And we're not talking about the wimpy, one boat with 18 poles trolling along, snagging anything in their way, fishing experience (blah). These two cast their keep. Real fishing. 
Trail Head