Saturday, June 23, 2018

Things to do when it's 100; Anyone? Anyone?

Let me preface this entry by saying I am very, very grateful each day to be employed and take my job very seriously; and believe I do a damn good job at it. From time to time, it requires me to travel for certain projects. No problem in that I love to see other areas, especially right now when my main route for the daily work commute is under construction; along with most of the roads in the area. 
The destination for this trip; Dallas. For two weeks. In late June. Ugh. 
I just finished week one. As shown in the attached, jussssssst a bit hot there in late June. A bad hair day for all as any hair poof got knocked down by the humidity once you were exposed.
As everything's bigger in Texas they say, that must be true for the air conditioning units in the buildings as you go from sweating to shivering in minutes. It was nippy beyond belief in any location I went. Emily O. would be standing proud if she were in the room it was that cold (silly Milford High adolescent humor there).
I found a well known local mountain bike trail about 10 miles from the work location but sorry Charlie, the post work temperature was near 100 and wasn't up for waiting until midnight so it would "only" be 85. Not going to happen this trip.
Besides a jittery dude next to me on the flight out, no airport drama to report thankfully. As the attached shows, Friday's high was 102 and I was boarding for the trip back to Detroit when it was that but no tarmac delays, no 400 pounders next to me and had exit row seating!!!! It's the little things that make the flying experience either awesome or crappy and I don't know how the constant travelers can do it each week when the chance that the 400 pounder IS next to you, you're crammed in the very back row, and have a 1 hour tarmac delay on a 100 degree day. Blah.
I think Lewisville Lake will get a visit next week to get a fishing report for my fishing comrades as the office is just south of there.
Until then, Schveddy Balls, signing off.