Friday, June 15, 2007

Lakeshore Park

On yet another beautiful Michigan summer evening, it was off to Lakeshore Park in Novi this past Thursday for the first ride there this year. In attendance with me was none other than the Trig-ster (pictured), who is in training for a mini-triathlon in the fall and wanted to tackle the mountain bike world to see if it was his cup of tea.
The trail, which usually is pretty damp due to the wetland areas and a section of the Rouge River cutting through it, was in great condition due to the recent drought here in Michigan. The MMBA folks added a bunch of nice log piles to climb and there is even one large log balance beam for those daring enough to try it on their bikes. I wasn’t up for any hospital visits so I rode around it. The large crater (pictured) where the BMX dudes usually are hanging out doing their stunts is still there but has a large tree down right in the middle of it. No falls to report and I caught a visual of one deer, one rabbit, one snake, and many chipmunks. A plethora of wildlife out there.

I must say Trig was a trooper in coming out and gritting it out. I think he got a good workout because his shirt pretty much looked like it just came from a swim when he got back to the car. He just has to work a little harder on his liquid pork chop consumption during post ride festivities. He had family time to attend to so I cut him some slack.
That is all for now. I'm off to Mexico with my 40 year old friends (I'm still 39, ha, ha). I hope to have some stories to report when I return.
Trail Head