Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend Journeys

An enjoyable three day weekend it was. I wish every work week lasted four days but I guess we can’t all be pump salesmen (Hi Rob). On a breezy, VERY breezy Friday, I took the motorcycle over to Kingsville, Ontario and visited the cottage my family and I used to own (pictured). It seems like only yesterday that I was falling down the stairs there after too many soda pops (those Molson XXX sure kick you in the behind). The place hadn’t changed much and the fire pit area on the beach looks just about how I left it. I sure miss that place. I stopped in for a visit with my old neighbor, Colin, and caught up on the news in the area. I guess you could call Colin a junk collector with artistic ability. His house is filled with various trinkets that at one time may have been considered junk that he has turned into what some might call art. I told him he should charge admission for tours of the house. It has some pretty cool stuff throughout. Attached is a sunflower that he carved.

I hadn’t ridden my mountain bike much since THE FALL late last month but couldn’t let a beautiful fall day like Saturday go by without a ride in the woods. The colors were pretty close to peak at Maybury Recreation Area. It was a casual ride to say the least but I wasn’t in any hurry and the scenery was quite enjoyable.

What better way to close the weekend than an afternoon at Ford Field watching the Lions. Rather than the tailgate scene, Doke and I took in the rooftop view at Cheli’s Chili Bar for the pregame
entertainment. It’s a pretty cool setup there with some mini bleachers placed on the roof with great views of the area. To top things off, the Lions won! I’m still not a fan of the black home jerseys. I don't think Jeff Garcia can throw the ball ten yards. He was trying to be too much like Brett Favre with all the underhand throws he was attempting. Sad.
That is all for now.
Trail Head