Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008 - Dunham Lake

What an outstanding Halloween it was this year. To have it on a Friday and also have great weather is a double bonus. I had a chance to go trick-or-treating at the Taj Mahal of trick-or-treating locations, Dunham Lake, with Jennifer and Calder. You get some serious candy here; "fun size" is not a word in this neighborhood. In addition, at least in my trick-or-treating tenure, the owners of the Highland House gave people pizza for Halloween. You went into the kitchen of the house and bam, there was a slew of pizza.

Enough about the past but I must say (my commentary), today's youth have a LOT to learn about trick-or-treating. To only cover a block within Dunham is pretty sad. I can recall my pillow case feeling like a hundred pounds. I tried to tell the kids that it was a marathon, not a sprint, but they were looking for that quick sugar fix and they needed it now!!! This was my first experience in trick-or-treating and not asking for candy. I have to say the parents sure party it up on the walking tour and probably have been since my parent's time doing it.

Attached are pictures of the active trick-or-treaters in our walking tour. In addition, a picture of Superman and the dog he saved from a pack of Chihuahuas.

After the trick-or-treating, E and his family had a nice gathering at their place. Kudos to the Gus kids for welcoming Calder (nice blood he had ten minutes in, eh?). This was Jennifer's first meeting with the Milford conglomerate and I must say, rather than dipping her toes in the water, she jumped right in. And to my friends that were in attendance Friday night and said good things about me to Jennifer, the checks will be in the mail Monday. Thanks.

Trail Head