Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just Another Day?

Father time paid a visit to me yesterday. The big four one! There isn't much celebration to 41 as there was with 16 (totaled a car within a week of getting my drivers license), 21 (hurled at Dooley's in East Lansing), or even 40 (didn't even make it to midnight on the bar tour). Just because 41 isn't a round number or have any significance besides another year doesn't mean it can't be celebrated, right? It didn't stop me this weekend. I visited the old stomping grounds in Kingsville, Ontario Friday evening and had a great lobster dinner with the Welacky clan and Colin from across the street. Thanks for the many Lakeport beers Tom. Those Canadians won't let you sit there very long with an empty beer can. Good stuff.

Saturday was a good day to be a slug and a slug I was. It rained and then it rained some more as Forest Gump would say. My non-hunting friends came over in the evening for some cards. I don't think anybody lost their shirt too bad with Al probably bringing home the most. Most of all, it was a great getaway from talking about the economy. We chose to focus on more important things, like which song playing from the radio could the garage band, "The Leechbombs," pull off. "We could do this tune!!!" was heard a few times. Thanks to everyone that came.

To top off the birthday festivities, I went to the circus today with Jennifer and Calder. It really was the greatest show on earth. What is kind of sad is I now look at things differently than when I last saw the circus when I was about Calder's age. Rather than being amazed at how talented these performers were (they were darn talented), I think about the wear and tear of being on the road with that many people and animals. That's show business I guess. I posted a few clips from the outing.

See you later 40!


Trail Head