Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bucket List - Spring Football (glad I never had it on my list)

Sparty in on the action
If someone asks you to go watch a spring football scrimmage, politely decline. I indulged in the scene Saturday afternoon in East Lansing. Watching was pretty cool for a bit; however, after checking out a few plays, seeing Sparty and the cheerleaders go at it, you realize you are watching two teams and don't care who wins. Needless to say, I didn't stay long and took a joy ride around campus, including a drive-by of the bunker I called home my last year there (pictured below). The place did the trick, barely, for six dudes back in the day. Mark had to flee his bedroom due to leaks, the carpet was bogue (not a word), and the only thing the washer/dryer accomplished was to push up the gas bill because they sure didn't clean/dry clothes. Character it had though.  
A nice day for a ride down memory lane. I was just happy to dust off my cycle for a back road tour; although said back road has a four mile dirt road detour this year which put a minor damper on an otherwise great day.

Sparty on!

Trail Head
the bunker