Friday, July 20, 2007

Biker Bill

It was off to the Milford Trail this past Thursday evening. While waiting for Eric to get his bike ready, I ran into the guy who creates and maintains the trails, Biker Bill (or Builder Bill as he is also referred to on the MMBA site). I didn’t know it was him until he asked if I had ridden the trail before and what I thought of it. I gave him my two cents that the trail is nice but lacks straight-aways to get some speed going. His buddy chuckled and agreed with me. He then told me he was the one who designed it and I came back with “you are Biker Bill! (pictured-on the left)” He advised he enjoys doing it but hates to deal with the politics involved in getting more trails created. He is currently trying to get some of the trails that run near Kensington connected into the park but the bureaucrats have been putting up a fight with him. It seems like a great way to get more exposure for the park but the suits apparently don’t get it.

Jim joined us after the ride. After we couldn’t come up with an invention for Jim to become a millionaire (make one thing that sells for a $1 profit and sell a million of them), we met up with some friends at O’Callaghan’s in downtown Milford. It’s crazy being in that bar because it conjures up some memories of the old Red Dog. Whether it being Rob’s sister bringing her baby in the bar to yell at her husband (baby in the bar!) or watching Tim V. piss strangers off because he was dominating them in pool, it was all good. While in there, I ran into Brian Hamilton, a fellow former Hickory Ridge resident. He just moved back into the area after a short stint in Virginia with his wife. He and some friends were coming from a floor hockey league nearby. Floor hockey at our age sounds like a lot of fun. Welcome back to God’s country Brian.

That is all my friends.
Trail Head