Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lakeshore Park

It was a muggy one on the trails at Lakeshore Park in Novi last night. The trail was in great shape but unfortunately my bike wasn’t. Trying to shift was not a pretty sight or sound with my cable in sorry shape. Needless to say I’m heading to the bike shop tonight. I was on a mission to not get passed and did just that with a group of jersey-wearing twenty-somethings bearing down on me that eventually swerved off on a short cut. A victory for the thirty-somethings (I get to use that phrase for two more months)!!

It’s off to Mt. Pleasant this weekend for some canoeing down the mighty Chippewa River with some friends. Taos, New Mexico resident and former Chippewa Mark Richert, who has fished quite a few places throughout the world, claims that the Chip River is at the top of his list of locations for fishing. Crazy but true. We’ll supply a report on the results next week. Have a great weekend.

Trail Head