Friday, September 21, 2007

Sometimes we fall.....again

On a beautiful evening at Pontiac Lake Recreation Area, I fell down; and hard! This fall ranks up there with the spill I had on a hill at the Porcupine Mountain Ski Area in the Upper Peninsula about 14 or so years ago (had to get a few stitches on that one). Pontiac Lake has quite a few rocks and tree roots throughout and with the recent dry spell in the area, the terrain was pretty rough. I was about halfway through the loop when one of the many rocks on the trail grabbed my front tire and threw me over the handlebars. It felt like I was sliding on pavement. It was a lung grabber to say the least. My front rim, which was recently replaced, was bent pretty well. Besides the body scrapes and the initial lack of air in my lungs, however, no hospital visits were needed. I was able to get my rim to somewhat of a condition where I could pedal my sorry behind back to the parking lot. The cuts will eventually heal and I’ll be back riding next week for some more fun!

Have a great weekend.

Trail Head